As a dietitian, personal trainer or health coach helping clients overcome barriers to success is perhaps our most crucial job.
In this webinar, Matt O'Neill examines the science of weight loss barriers to empower you to help more clients break down, work around and accept weight loss barriers for lifelong success.
Live 12noon Thurs 20th June (AEST)
Three key topics
1. Exploring weight loss barriers
- External and personal weight loss barriers
- Insights from weight loss barrier studies
- Exercise, eating and adherence barriers
- The top 5 weight loss barriers
2. Predicting weight loss barriers
- Identifying real and perceived barriers
- Who is most likely to hit a weight loss barrier
- When specific barriers can be expected
- What biology and biomarkers tell us
3. Coaching on weight loss barriers
- When and how to discuss weight loss barriers
- Reading a client’s language for “barrier talk”
- Moving from battling to accepting barriers
- Matching solutions to weight loss barriers
About your presenter
Director, Shape Centre for Weight Management
BSpSc, MSc(Nut and Diet), APD
Matt is an inspiring educator who makes behavioural science simple.
He has helped thousands of people eat better, move more and confidently manage their weight. For over 25 years he has been empowering health professionals with simple, effective strategies for healthy eating and positive behaviour change.
With over 1,000 media interviews, seminars in eight countries and 25,000 participants in his own weight management program, Matt understands how to communicate with and motivate clients to improve their diet, exercise and lifestyle.
Matt is an Accredited Practicing Dietitian, Exercise Scientist and the Founder of the SmartShape Centre for Weight Management.
Who is this webinar for?
- Health Coaches
- Dietetic Students
- Personal Trainers
- Fitness Professionals
- Weight Management Consultants
If you want to inspire clients, this is a must.
Feel confident to help more clients, family and friends.
Learn the latest research about weight loss barriers.
Learn new strategies and coaching scripts to help clients manage weight loss barriers.
Receive educational tip sheets to share with clients, their families and friends.
How it works
Date - Thursday 20th June, 2019
Duration and time - 60 Minutes live online 12.00am - 1.00pm Sydney, Australian time (AEST)
Platform - Zoom (simple to use!)
Matt's webinar feedback
"Very easy to view slides, very clear and organised. Thank you!"
"I liked the strategies to use with clients."
"Good structure for practical ideas."
"Science explained so well, followed with practical applications."
More than a webinar
Receive access to the live and recorded webinar, plus all the bonus resources below with your webinar ticket. Recording available within a week of live event.
Your value package includes
- Live webinar attendance
- Webinar recording MP4
- Slides PDFs
- Bonus tools PDFs
- Weblinks and references PDF
- CPD Quiz PDF
More from SmartShape
Click here to subscribe Matt O'Neill's email list for monthly articles, resources and offers on weight management tips, tools and training.
Add recorded webinar packages in the checkout or browse here.
Terms & conditions
Some important details just in case the webinar technology plays up:
- Payments are secure and in $AUD (includes 10% GST).
- You will receive a confirmation email and reminders.
- Tickets are non-refundable. If you purchase a $39 ticket (live + recorded) and do not attend the live event, you will be provided with the recorded webinar, slide notes, transcript and web links within 7 days of the live event.
- Content associated with the event (live presentation, recording and slide notes) is copyrighted premium content that must not be copied, shared or distributed.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the event organiser (SmartShape Pty Ltd) has the right to change the date of the event before the event date and ticket holders will be notified.
- If any speakers cannot present at the live event every effort will be made to record their presentation within seven days of the live event date and you will be provided with the recording as soon as it is available.
- If there are technical issues with the live event associated with the GoToWebinar service or the organiser that prevent the event from being viewed by an attendee a recording will be provided within seven days of the event.
- Attendees are responsible for their internet connection, and the organiser cannot be held responsible for any technical failure from the attendee's end. If the event is cancelled a full refund will be provided.
- Information provided in the live event, slide notes, and web links are general nutrition advice and are not meant to replace advice provided by your health care provider. SmartShape Pty Ltd or the speakers are not liable for any claim or mishap resulting from your participation in the event, from the recorded package, or by your use of the GoToWebinar service. You should always seek the advice of your health care provider before starting any diet program.