The essential low-carb update
Never have there been so many views on nutrition, and the hottest dietary topic is carbohydrate.
Is low-carb eating the latest diet fad or the future for reducing obesity and increasing wellbeing?
The simple aims of this webinar are to update your nutrition knowledge and know-how and your opinion on low-carb diets. All in simple language and without food industry sponsorship.
Whether you are a dietitian, nutritionist, doctor, fitness professional, health advocate or consumer, satisfy your curiosity by downloading this webinar.
1. Low-carb diets – Fad or future?
by Matt O'Neill - 15 Minutes
- The popularity of low-carb diets – Why it’s buzzing on social media
- Definitions of a low-carb diet – How many grams of carbohydrate?
- Current guidelines on carbohydrate – What health organisations say
- Research highlights – The latest studies on low-carb diets
- Should I go low-carb? – Key questions everyone should ask
2. Carbs in practice – What you need to know?
by Pennie Taylor - 30 minutes
- Obesity and metabolic disorders - Where do low-carb diets fit?
- What a low-carb diet looks like – Macronutrients, foods and meals
- Nutritional adequacy - Nutrients of risk, health impacts and management
- Potential side effects – How low-carb diets may affect appetite and mood
- Best candidate clients – Matching clients to low-carb and client experiences
3. Carbs in perspective – What else matters
by Tim Crowe - 30 minutes
- Nutrition confusion – Why can’t the experts agree?
- What are the healthiest foods? – Your go-to shopping list
- Paleo, Mediterranean – What is the best diet for diabetes?
- Eating to age well – What do the longest living people eat?
- Personalised nutrition – The future of dietary advice
Speaker chat - 15 minutes
Matt, Pennie and Tim will answer additional questions and discuss low-carb topics that are posted by webinar attendees and appear on social media.
BHlthSc, MNutDiet, PhD Candidate
Pennie is also a private practitioner with over 10 years’ experience and is the founding director of EvolvME, a multi-disciplinary weight management clinic that delivers supervised lower carbohydrate dietary patterns to a range of clients.
Her PhD is investigating strategies to optimise glucose variability, appetite responses and feeding behaviour in type 2 diabetics using a low carbohydrate dietary pattern.
Pennie also works with CSIRO as a senior research dietitian supporting dietary trials that investigate dietary composition on health outcomes, including very low carbohydrate diets.
BSc(Hons), MNutrDiet, PhD
Tim is an Associate Professor in Nutrition at Deakin University and an Advanced Accredited Practising Dietitian. He teaches and researches in the areas of nutritional physiology and biochemistry as well as the applied role of nutrition in disease prevention and management, particularly obesity, diabetes and cancer.
Tim has an active media profile together with a growing social media following through his blog Thinking Nutrition, which provides the public with important nutrition messages in easy to understand language.
BSc (SpSci), MSc(Nut&Diet)
Director, Smartshape Centre for Weight Management
Matt is a Dietitian, passionate about evidence-based nutrition advice that evokes change and delivers outcomes for clients. He is Founder of the SmartShape Centre for Weight Management, where he delivers inspiring training, resources and business support for health professionals.
Matt has presented seminars, keynotes and workshops in eight countries and has given over 1000 media interviews.
Matt has been the nutritionist for the Australian Consumers’ Association, weight loss coach for Men’s Health Magazine (Australia), sports dietitian for the Sydney City Roosters and a TV regular providing nutrition and dietary advice for over 25 years.
His own weight management program, Metabolic Jumpstart has attracted 25,000 participants and over 75 official partners.
Matt's SmartShape webinars find the facts between the fiction on the hottest nutrition topics.
Get instant access
Purchase the webinar recording and receive instant access to download and save.
Watch whenever you like and as much as you like.
Your value package includes
SmartShape webinars are great value, with all the following included:
- Webinar recording MP4
- Slides PDFs
- Transcript PDF
- Weblinks and references PDF
- CPD Quiz PDF
More from SmartShape
Click here to subscribe Matt O'Neill's email list for monthly articles, resources and offers on weight management tips, tools and training.
Add recorded webinar packages in the checkout or browse for more.